Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for HE who promised IS FAITHFUL. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10:23-25
Your church, family, and friends can support your journey spiritually, financially and emotionally.
They can support you spiritually by praying. Prayer, by far, is the most important support you will receive. It will become the foundation on which other support is built. Prayer will be your greatest need and your greatest blessing.
Give your church, family, and friends the privilege of supporting you by joining their hands in prayer. Choose faithful prayer warriors to be part of your prayer support team.
10 Ways your church, family, & friends can support you:
1. Provide for some of your personal expenses
2. Provide supplies for your trip
3. Form a prayer support team
4. Hold a commissioning service* to bless and encourage you before the trip
5. Write notes of encouragement which you will open each day of your trip
6. Go with you to the airport to see you off
7. Hold a short prayer just before you board the plane
8. Give you a small package filled with items of encouragement-bookmarks, tapes, poems, notes, special Scriptures, etc
9. Welcome you home with banners and signs when you arrive at the airport
10. Allow you to share your experience when you get home
*A sample commissioning service is available from Customer Service at the International Mission Board. Call 1-800-866-3621 or the Volunteer Missions Team at 615-371-2061 or 1-800-558-2090